1. Zhang XO*, Wang HB*, Zhang Y, Lu X, Chen LL# and Yang L#. (2014) Complementary sequence-mediated exon circularization. Cell, in press.
2. Chen LL# and Zhao JC#. (2014) Functional study of long noncoding RNAs in development and diseases. Adv Exp Med Biol, in press.
3. Yin QF, Chen LL# and Yang L#. (2014) Fractionation of Non-polyadenylated and Ribosomal-free RNAs from Mammalian Cells. Methods Mol Biol, in press.
4. Chen LL. (2014) Scientific migration of junior scientists to China. Genome Biol, 15: 119.
5. Zhang XO, Yin QF, Chen LL and Yang L. (2014) Gene expression profiling of non-polyadenylated RNA-seq across species. Genomics Data, 237-241.
6. Zhang XO*, Yin QF*, Wang HB, Zhang Y, Chen T, Zheng P, Lu X, Chen LL# and Yang L#. (2014) Species-specific alternative splicing leads to unique expression of sno-lncRNAs. BMC Genomics, 15: 287. (Highly Accessed)
• Editorial by: BioMed Central portal-Biome on 17th April 2014
7. Xiang JF, Yin QF, Chen T, Zhang Y, Zhang XO, Wang HB, Ge JH, Lu XH, Yang L and Chen LL. (2014) Human colorectal cancer-specific CCAT1-L lncRNA regulates long-range chromatin interactions in the MYC locus. Cell Res, 24:513-531. (Cover Article and Issue Highlight)
• Editorial by: Younger ST and Rinn JL. Cell Res, 2014, 48:155-157
• Highlighted by: Nature.com
Global Medical Discovery
National Science Reviews
8. Zhang Y*, Zhang XO*, Chen T, Xiang JF, Yin QF, Xing YH, Zhu S, Yang L# and Chen LL#. (2013) Circular intronic long noncoding RNAs, Mol Cell, 51: 792-806. (Issue Highlight)
• Editorial by: Bolisetty MT and Graveley BR. Mol Cell, (2013) 51:705-706.
Reid T. Nature China, (2013) Epub. on Oct. 2nd (doi:10.1038).
Tomkins J. Institute for Creation Research, (2013) Epub. Oct. 9th.
• Research Highlights. Nature, (2013) 501:464.
• The most-downloaded article of the month in Mol Cell.
9. Zhu S*, Xiang JF*, Chen T, Chen LL# and Yang L#. (2013) Prediction of constitutive A-to-I editing sites from human transcriptomes in the absence of genomic sequences. BMC Genomics, 14:206.
10. Zhang Y, Yang L and Chen LL. (2013) Life without A tail: new formats of long noncoding RNAs. Int J Biochem and Cell Biol, Epub on Oct. 26th.
11. Xiang JF, Yin QF and Chen LL. (2013) Long noncoding RNAs: regulatory molecules in mammalian cells. Chin J Cell Biol, 35:262-272.
12. Yin QF*, Yang L*, Zhang Y, Xiang JF, Wu YW, Carmichael GG# and Chen LL#. (2012) Long noncoding RNAs with snoRNA ends. Mol Cell, 48: 219-230. (Cover Article and Issue Highlight)
• Editorial by: McCann KL and Baserga SJ. Mol Cell, (2012) 48:155-7.
David R. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol, (2012) 13:686.
• News coverage in Foundation for Prader-Willi Research.
• Recommended in F1000 Prime.
• Best of Molecular Cell 2012.
13. Chen LL# and Carmichael GG. (2012) Nuclear editing of mRNA 3¡¯-UTRs. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol, 353:111-121.
14. Yang L, Duff MO, Graveley BR, Carmichael GG and Chen LL. (2011) Genomewide characterization of non-polyadenylated RNAs. Genome Biol, 12: R16.
15. Chen LL# and Carmichael GG. (2010) Long non-coding RNAs in mammalian cells: What, Where and Why? WIREs RNA, 1: 2-21.
16. Chen LL#, Yang L and Carmichael GG#. (2010) Molecular basis for an attenuated cytoplasmic dsRNA response in human embryonic stem cells. Cell Cycle, 9:3552-3564. (News & Views)
• Editorial by: Williams BRG. (2010) Cell Cycle, 35:3400.
17. Chen LL# and Carmichael GG#. (2010) Decoding the function of nuclear long non-coding RNAs. Curr Opin Cell Biol, 22: 357-364.
18. Chen LL and Carmichael GG. (2009) Altered nuclear retention of mRNAs containing inverted repeats in human embryonic stem cells: functional role of a nuclear noncoding RNA. Mol Cell, 35: 467-478. (Issue Highlight)
• Editorial by: Scadden D. (2009) Mol Cell, 35:395-396.
• Recommended in F1000 Prime.
19. Chen LL and Carmichael GG. (2008) Gene regulation by SINES and inosines: biological consequences of A-to-I editing of Alu element inverted repeats. Cell Cycle, 7: 3297-3301.
20. Chen LL, Decerbo JN and Carmichael GG. (2008) Alu element-mediated gene silencing. EMBO J, 27: 1694-1705.